Five international fellowships offered
The Collaborative Research Center 1261 (CRC 1261) “Magnetoelectric Sensors: From Composite Materials to Biomagnetic Diagnostics” at Kiel University, Germany, offers five international fellowships to master students or master graduates.
Within the CRC 1261 highly sensitive magnetoelectric sensors for biomedical applications are developed in a cross-disciplinary team of scientists from materials science, electrical engineering, physics and medicine. In 14 research projects topics concerning magnetoelectric sensor development and fabrication (mainly materials science), sensor characterization and signal processing (mainly electrical engineering), sensor modeling and sensor analysis as well as (medical) applications are covered.
Within the scope of the CRC 1261 five international fellowships between one and six months duration are offered. The fellowships amount 1125 € per month. We cannot pay additional costs for travels or accommodation.
The following topics are offered as fellowships (starting date flexible):
- “3D print of magnetic particles in a polymer matrix”, Prof. Rainer Adelung, Project A2, Institute for Materials Science
- “Design and Simulation of a ultra-low noise read out scheme for magnetic surface acoustic wave sensors in integrated circuit design”, Prof. Andreas Bahr, Institute for Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- “Low frequency noise reduction of surface acoustic wave sensors using a flux chopping technique”, Prof. Andreas Bahr, Institute for Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- “Direct and Converse Magnetoelectric Effect of Resonant Thin Film Composites”, Prof. Eckhard Quandt, Project A7, Institute for Materials Science
- „Magnetically labelled cells in biomaterial scaffolds“, Prof. Christine Selhuber-Unkel, Project B7, Institute for Materials Science
For your application, please send a motivation letter with the topic you are interested in (one page maximum), a possible starting date between July and October, your CV, and your university degrees in one pdf document to the mailing address above until 30th of June.